Members Only Event Will Advise LEO on How to Deal with The Aftermath of Deadly Encounters in Interactions with The Media and Investigations
MARIETTA, GA, UNITED STATES, May 17, 2019 /EINPresswire.com/ — Attorney, Lance LoRusso, author of the highly acclaimed books, When Cops Kill: The Aftermath of a Critical Incident and Blue News will be conducting a two-day training session for members of the Pennsylvania Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) on May 20th and 21st at the Sheraton Pittsburgh Hotel at Station Square, 300 W. Station Square Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15219. The training will run from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM both days and is limited to FOP members only, lodge attorneys, and active law enforcement officers. LoRusso is a nationally recognized expert on the use of force and how to handle the aftermath of such incidents.
“I am honored to be conducting this training for members of the Pennsylvania FOP, said Lance LoRusso, author of When Cops Kill and Blue News. “Far too often when a law enforcement officer is involved in a deadly encounter, both they and their law enforcement department are not prepared for the media, the social media, the public outcry, and the investigations that follow. This training will navigate officers and their attorneys on how to deal with this.”
Among the events LoRusso is covering are:
• Examine Federal and State laws related to LEO’s use of force.
• Examine officer’s post incident statements and recent legal rulings related to Garrity and their effect on officers and agencies
• Discuss the strategic role of training in the aftermath of critical incidents
• Examine the role and management of formal and informal media responses
• The tactics and strategies regarding communication with and through professional media sources.
• The role of “informal media,” which includes blogs, social media, and comment sections attached to professional news sources.
• Attendees will learn how to effectively communicate before, during, and after a critical incident, as well as how to protect the involved officers and the union.
• The role and use of body cameras for LEO’s
• The role of the officer’s attorney at the scene and subsequent investigations
• The role and use of Expert Witness
Lance LoRusso is the Principal of the LoRusso Law Firm located in Atlanta, Georgia. He is a problem solver and trusted advisor for his clients. As a litigator with a law enforcement and healthcare background, Lance focuses his practice on law enforcement critical incident response, general liability defense for individuals and corporations, healthcare law and catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death cases on behalf of injured parties and affected families. A former officer, LoRusso is a strong advocate for Georgia law enforcement. He serves as General Counsel to the Georgia Fraternal Order of Police as well as Lodge Attorney for Cobb County’s Lodge 13 of the Fraternal Order of Police. Additionally, he responds to critical incidents on behalf of law enforcement officers. LoRusso is a highly sought-after media expert on law enforcement issues and has appeared on CNN, HLN, FOX News Channel, FOX Business Network, The Wall Street Journal, Associated Press, Christian Science Monitor, USA Today, and numerous other outlets throughout the world. LoRusso also speaks and trains on law enforcement issues. He is the author of four books – When Cops Kill: The Aftermath of a Critical Incident is a comprehensive study for law enforcement and family members of law enforcement officers to deal with in the aftermath of a shooting or violent alteration with a suspect; Blue News, deals with how law enforcement agencies deal with the media and public after officer-involved shootings and the dynamic that drives the news media to cover and report on critical incidents involving law enforcement; Peacemaking, his entry into the world of fiction, follows the journey of a police officer, Scotty Painter, in the aftermath of a shooting; and Parallax: True Crime Tales a series of fictional stories based on the harsh realities faced by law enforcement officers in the performance of their duties and stories recounted to LoRusso by officers over the years.
Strategic Vision PR Group
email us here
Source: EIN Presswire