PharmaPoint: Acute Coronary Syndrome – Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025
PUNE, INDIA, November 16, 2016 /EINPresswire.com/ — Cardiovascular diseases (CVD), including ischemic heart disease and stroke, are the leading causes of mortality in the world. The term acute coronary syndrome (ACS) applies to a spectrum of acute CVD states that are precipitated by coronary artery occlusion (stenosis) that results in ischemia (a reduction or loss of blood flow to tissue) and the necrosis of myocardial tissue .In the most modern use of the term, ACS strictly refers to a range of ischemic cardiovascular events that includes unstable angina (UA), myocardial infarction (MI) and/or death due to myocardial ischemia. In general, these ACS events can be viewed as the culmination of coronary artery disease (CAD), the asymptomatic build-up of atherosclerotic plaque on the walls of the coronary arteries. The triggering of an ACS event stemming from UA or MI initiates the acute phase treatment setting where therapeutic interventions are utilized to reverse and prevent the physiochemical processes that lead to coronary stenosis. Whereas, the chronic phase treatment setting involves secondary preventative measures that are used to avoid recurrent ACS events from occurring.
– The new generation antiplatelets, Brilinta and Effient will see a significant increase in patient shares for the treatment ACS against the previous cornerstone, clopidogrel. However, there are considerably high unmet needs within the indication. What are the main unmet needs in this market? Will the drugs under development fulfil the unmet needs of the ACS market?
– The PCSK9 inhibitors recently launched into the CV market, and these are predicted to have a notable impact in the ACS space once their CV outcomes data is shown. The most notable candidate in the current late-stage ACS pipeline is ETC-1002, which is vying to target the needed statin intolerant ACS population. Will these newly marketed and late-stage drugs make a significant impact on the ACS market? Which of these drugs will have the highest peak sales at the highest CAGR, and why?
– We have seen a notable increase in the ACS population in terms of diagnosed prevalent ACS cases , as well as ACS hospitalisations (incidence and recurrent events). How will epidemiological changes impact the growth of the future market?
– The main driver of the significant expansion of the ACS market will be the increase in use and physician confidence in the PCSK9 inhibitor class, which will hold four major players by the end of this forecast. Novel lipid lowering therapy, ETC-1002, will also be a major contributor, vying to steal majority of patient shares for the statin intolerant ACS population by the end of this forecast.
– The major global barrier for the ACS market will be the generic erosion of the key antiplatelet therapies, Brilinta and Effient by the end of this forecast. Both drugs will pick up significant momentum in sales prior to patent expiry.
– The dynamics of the ACS market will shift greatly towards solving the atherosclerotic burden associated in ACS from the historical strategy of developing antithrombotic therapies.
– The key market opportunities lie in addressing unmet needs through the development of optimal agents for secondary prevention by controlling lipid levels and repairing the damaged myocardium post myocardial infarction to prevent comorbidities such as heart failure.
– Overview of ACS, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines.
– Annualized ACS therapeutics market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data from 2015 and forecast for ten years to 2025.
– Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the ACS therapeutics market.
– Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline drugs.
– Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global ACS therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
The report will enable you to –
– Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline. Additionally a list of acquisition targets included in the pipeline product company list.
– Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global ACS therapeutics market.
– Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global ACS therapeutics market in future.
– Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
– Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
– Track drug sales in the global ACS therapeutics market from 2015-2025.
– Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 10
1.1 List of Tables 16
1.2 List of Figures 22
2 Introduction 24
2.1 Catalyst 24
2.2 Related Reports 25
2.3 Upcoming Related Reports 25
3 Disease Overview 26
3.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology 27
3.1.1 Etiology 27
3.1.2 Pathophysiology 31
3.2 Classification or Staging Systems 33
3.3 Symptoms 34
3.4 Prognosis 35
3.5 Quality of Life 36
4 Epidemiology 37
4.1 Disease Background 37
4.2 Risk Factors and Comorbidities 38
4.3 Global Trends 41
4.3.1 ACS Diagnosed Prevalence 41
4.3.2 STEMI and NSTEMI Trends 44
4.3.3 ACS Hospitalizations 45
4.4 Forecast Methodology 47
4.4.1 Sources Used 50
4.4.2 Forecast Assumptions and Methods 57
4.4.3 Sources Not Used 70
4.5 Epidemiological Forecast for ACS (2015-2025) 71
4.5.1 Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of ACS 71
4.5.2 Age-Specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of ACS 73
4.5.3 Sex-Specific Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of ACS 75
Get in touch:
+1 646 845 9349 / +44 208 133 9349
email us here